A Message From Steve Ring
Without a vision, Councillors cannot lead our community to a better tomorrow. I have written previously about my vision for Lithgow in 2042, but what about the next three years? This is my team’s vision for where we need to be as a Council by September 2024.
You may not agree. That’s fine. We are always open to and welcome new ideas and constructive feedback. Let us know what you think by completing our contact form and sharing your vision for the future with us.
In Just Three Years
By 2024, the implementation of the 2021/22 road map to evolve and change our economies beyond reliance on coal and coal fired energy production, will be well underway. When we reach 2024, we can look forward to:
- Council being acknowledged as a Small Business Friendly Council by industry by having gone above and beyond for existing, emerging, and potential small business
- The Lithgow LGA’s tourism industry being reinvigorated and growing as a consequence of branding the LGA as ‘The Seven Valleys’
- The redevelopment of the former Wallerawang Power Station having moved past demolition and clean-up phase and new industries starting to emerge
- Modest population growth due to people leaving Sydney post-Covid
- Council actively engaging with the community by adopting an enhanced customer service culture
- The completion of the Cullen Bullen sewer system, resulting in a resurgence of the village with several blocks being developed and new families moving in.
- The construction of the Clarence to Wallerawang pipeline, securing the area’s future water supply, nearing completion
Join Team Ring
Team Ring sees a future where the Lithgow LGA transition from coal mining and coal based power generation is well underway and we are paving a course for exciting and sustainable opportunities in our region. We invite you to join our vision.
Authorised by S.Ring 16 Rowsell Street Portland NSW 2847